3.26.2009

Thanks to my horses...



Every time I have a terrible day, I am so thankful that I can go to my horses and they instantly make me forget my troubles. I sometimes think, maybe I shouldn't go to them when I am having a bad day for fear that I will be short on patience or my attitude will rub off on them since they are mirrors. But alas, this never seems to be the case. I take one out and start to groom and focus on all their good spots. If I take an extra long time, I am already feeling better before I tack up. Or maybe I'm just going to hang out with them while they graze or do liberty work. My colt is an expert at making me laugh. Whatever it is, when I leave the barn, that horse magic or healing has done it's job on me and I have forgotten my troubles, at least for a time...

No comments:

Post a Comment